Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] AMB wheel masks
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Date: Monday, December 10, 2018, 6:34 PM

I have a wheel mask, but rarely use it since it
doesn’t prevent the axle end from being
painted.
How do folks on this list deal with that? I’m
currently dull-coting while still in the truck (while the
wheelset is spinning), then subsequently removing the wheel
and brush-painting everything to avoid painting the needle
journal (usually successfully).
I’d prefer to airbrush them if I can solve that
issue.
Matt GoodmanColumbus,
Ohio
Sent from my mobile
On Dec 10, 2018, at 1:14 AM, Roger Huber via Groups.Io
<trainpainter=yahoo.com@groups.io>
wrote:

Well,
I never thought it all that difficult to clean the treads
and axle ends after I paint them plus then you don't
need to hunt for the right tool when you go to paint. It
isn't fun to clean all the fixtures when done
too.
I'm
sure they have generated a lot of revenue for the companies
selling them.
Just
my 2¢. Roger
HuberDeer