Re: USRA Hoppers

Tim O'Connor

Lloyd, think of it this way - who's going to know if you get it wrong?

:-)

On 12/14/2018 2:02 PM, Lloyd Keyser wrote:
I have the July 1983 MM and that is the lettering that is shown in the assembly instructions. I'm looking for a latter lettering scheme.

On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 12:02 PM Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:
Robert

It figures!! That's one of the 3 or 4 Mainline Modelers I do not have! :-D

Tim

On 12/14/2018 4:18 AM, robertb@... wrote:
> Tim,
>
> There are two photos of the as built C&O hoppers on page 75 of the
> July 1983 issue of Mainline Modeller.
>
> Robert Bogie
>
> On 14/12/2018 4:07 pm, Tim O'Connor wrote:
>>
>> Lloyd, I have THREE books on C&O freight cars and have never seen a
>> photograph of one of those USRA 70 ton cars in any era! I have one of
>> those kits too - too terrified to try building it. :-)
>>
>> Tim O'Connor
>>

>> On 12/11/2018 2:34 PM, lloydkeyser@... wrote:
>>> I  have finished building three of Westerfields USRA three bay
>>> hoppers #2001. I  have had these kits for 30 years and finally got
>>> them built. They were the old brittle resin kits and were the
>>> hardest kits I have put together. They are ready for decaling. All
>>> I  have to go by is the picture in the instructions. Does any one
>>> have a photo of one I could refere to for 1954?

Sterling, Massachusetts