Re: The curious case of NP box car colors in the 50's

spsalso

For REAL railroads, when they specifically chose special colors for the cars of their leading passenger trains, I am sure they MEANT the colors to match.  Which likely meant that, if they couldn't see a difference, there was no difference.  But I am sure there would be (or was) a point where a dreaded message from management informed somewhat lower management that upper management WAS NOT PLEASED by mismatching cars.

I wonder what the Como Shop veteran felt about "stuff" that rolls down hill.

Ed

Edward Sutorik