Re: The curious case of NP box car colors in the 50's

Mikebrock

Andy,

I actually thought of moon light. Wonder if cool white florescent would  duplicate moon light?

The point being that the paint/colors we are discussing should be subject to film and lighting [ of the prototype ] characteristics and those of a model. Unless, of course, one is trying to paint a real subject [ like a NP box car ].

Mike Brock

Mike

Moonlight

-Andy Carlson

Ojai CA

On Thursday, December 20, 2018, 2:56:08 PM PST, Mikebrock <brockm@...> wrote:

Andy Carlson writes:

BTW, I guess that these would even be suitable colors for the NP passenger greens of the late 1950s.

Under what lighting? Bright sunlight, bright sunlight at 5PM, cloudy sunlight, florescent daylight, florescent warm white, incandescent, LED, etc.?

Mike Brock