Re: Airbrush Make-up

John Hagen <sprinthag@...>

Garth.

I haven’t checked the recent ads but the actual cost of the earlier ones was not a any better than what we can pay from a hobby dealer, probably less if we were to shop around. And my mommy told me you better shop around, oh yeah, you gotta shop around.

Don’t get excited by the prices they hype in the ads; that is only for trail period. Go to their website and do some digging.

These TV ads are basically a “bait and switch” except you can buy a trail at the price shown. But if want to keep the product, you end up paying. Not saying the product is not worth the end cost, just that the ad you see is a come on.

I’d much rather shop the hobby suppliers for known brands.

John Hagen

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Garth Groff
Sent: Sunday, December 30, 2018 12:15 PM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Airbrush Make-up

Friends,

A few days ago I saw a TV ad for the Luminess airbrush make-up system. This includes a cup-type airbrush and a small compressor for a list price of about $40: https://www.luminessair.com/HomePage.aspx . A search reveals that there are similar kits available from other manufacturers.

Has anyone ever experimented with these for weathering? Information on diluting acrylic paint and clean-up considerations would be useful. Even the make-up sold to go through the brush might be useful as-is for freight cars--it is all earth tones.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.