Re: NP 1937 AAR 40’ boxcar

O Fenton Wells

Very well done Paul, thanks for sharing.
Fenton

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 12:48 PM Paul Doggett via Groups.Io <paul.doggett2472=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
Before 1963 as that’s the shop date on the car, I have just built a Yarmouth Model Works one in resin it’s Ready for primer.

On 3 Jan 2019, at 17:36, mopacfirst <ron.merrick@...> wrote:

Did all these '37 AAR cars get rebuilt with straight channel side sills?  If so, when?

http://rr-fallenflags.org/np/np16482g06.jpg

There are at least two other photos on fallen-flags.org, but this one shows the details best.  When they were rebuilt, did they all get this paint scheme?  And, I believe other postwar cars got the channel side sills also.  I'd appreciate it if someone could enumerate the number series that got this treatment, and I can go from there.  I've already done one 15000 car from an Intermountain model, but at the time I missed the different door and the relocated door track.

Ron Merrick

--
Fenton Wells
250 Frye Rd