Re: New RCW kit - 1937 GN wood-sheathed boxcars

Bruce Griffin

Group,

i know little to nothing about the GN freight car fleet. I do know GN boxcars where present in 1950 serving a large flour mill on my modeled portion of the B&O. Photos show steel sheathed boxcars. It seems likely that many of these 8,000 cars served in grain service in 1950. Is that a good assumption?

Maybe it is a dumb question, but I just want to confirm that these cars stayed in clean service for at least ten years. It is a nice looking model and I want to make sure my local freight has some period correct cars for grain service. Thank you for the input.

Best Regards,
Bruce D. Griffin
Ashland, MD
https://bomodeling.com/blog/