Re: the stock car in the lower right

Riverboy

Hello Bill,

After sending my first reply, I enlarged the photo, and noticed that all of the tenders in the background are equipped with what appear to be Fox trucks. Also, the Illinois Central box car #21159, located behind the stock car looks to have unusual trucks I can't identify.

Tod C Dwyer

On Saturday, January 19, 2019, 12:36:06 PM EST, Bill Keene via Groups.Io <bill41@...> wrote:

Hello Group,

Tod, I agree that there are a great number of interesting subjects in the photo.

Besides what you have mentioned, please note that the locomotive that the stock car in questions is coupled to does not have a headlight and it appears — the shadows might be playing tricks here — that the main rod had been removed. The tender is also empty and the slope sheet looks well worn with a good deal of rust or possibly even acid deterioration. It appears that this 2-8-0 — guessing again — had been put out to pasture.

Cheers,
Bill Keene
Irvine, CA

On Jan 19, 2019, at 1:55 AM, Riverboy via Groups.Io <river_dweller_ohio@...> wrote:

Sorry guys, I know it's off the topic of the post, but this picture has so many neat elements. I like all of the spare tenders just sitting around the yard, as well as the odd passenger car (MOW?) near the shop building.

Tod C Dwyer

On Friday, January 18, 2019, 10:26:53 PM EST, Ralph W. Brown <rbrown51@...> wrote:

Hi Claus,

I was able to enlarge the image enough to read “Street’s Western Stables Car Line” to the right of the door.  At least pretty sure that’s what it said.

Pax,

Ralph Brown
Portland, Maine
PRRT&HS No. 3966
NMRA No. L2532

rbrown51[at]maine[dot]rr[dot]com

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2019 5:11 PM
To: STMFC
Subject: [RealSTMFC] the stock car in the lower right

Hi List Members,

On the image below, anyone have any thoughts on the stock car in the lower right? Reporting marks might be SWSCL - can anyone confirm and/or elaborate?

Thanks

Claus Schlund