Re: Eastern Car Works 65' mill gondolas

Donald B. Valentine

What you have provided about E&B Valley, which stood for Ellen & Bill Glass, and Robin's Rails is quite correct Dennis.
I presented this same scenario here some three to four years ago. The Mercorelli Bros, (Sp?) aka Patal Engineering &
Engraving ended up with the tooling and John offered it to several parties before it was purchased by Eastern Car Works.
He sent me samples from each mold to review but the fit of the PS smoothside cars in particular scared me away and
reminded me of my late father's comment the day the first lot of the Osgood Bradley American Flyer cars was received
and viewed. My father's comment was "Who is the amateur that did that tooling". After selling the family farm in the early
1950's my father returned to the machine tool industry where he spent some thirty years. Enough said.

Cordially, Don Valentine