Re: Modeling a Lever Hand Brake

Dennis Storzek

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 06:58 PM, Schuyler Larrabee wrote:
Moloco.  Nice parts.

Where? This is all I see

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1032/8967/products/file_15_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1445453443

The only "lever" I see is a modern Minor pump style lever gear. Am I missing something?

The modern lever brakes have are high power brakes where one pumps the lever up and down to wind in the chain. The question was about the old rotary motion hand brakes, where one lifted the lever, then swung it from side to side, using the pawl and ratchet to hold tension while the handle was reset for another pull. Not the same thing at all. One of the original photos asked about appeared to be the Blackall style used on the USRA "government" cars. The other, with the enclosed handle on the lever, appears to be a Miner product. As far as I know neither is currently made, although Accurail had the Blackall style in their USRA hopper set years ago.

Dennis Storzek