Re: Linkage repair on a brass locomotive

Bryian Sones

Bruce,
No, I have never had to replace a rivet linkage before. However I have Quartered Repaired and painted also added fixture details and sound decoders to many brass locomotives. I have even painted brass professionally so I'm not afraid to tackle the task. I'm just not aware of the process to produce a replacement rivet. I could easily fabricate a replacement from brass stock as a stand in but I'm not sure if that is how it is done or is there a rivet tool?

Kind regards,

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:24 PM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

​I would suggest a tiny brass pop rivet ;)  I realize that you may never have riveted valve gear and it isn't as simple as using a screw, but any owner of steam models should have this skill in their quiver.

Regards
Bruce Smith
Auburn, AL