Re: Linkage repair on a brass locomotive

Douglas Harding

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bryian Sones via Groups.Io
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2019 9:08 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Linkage repair on a brass locomotive

Doug,

No, just the rivet broke. The lip on the pop rivet wore out. It probably wasn't maintenance properly and wore down. The linkage is fine.

Regards,

Bryian Sones

Union Pacific Prototype Modeler

Murrieta, CA

On Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:55 PM, Douglas Harding <doug.harding@...> wrote:

Bryian did the rivet break? Or did the linkage itself break? If it is the rivet, Kemtron, among others, at one time sold HO rivets for attaching linkages together. If the linkage rod broke, you may have to trace the broken part on a piece of brass and file out a new one.

Doug  Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org