From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of O Fenton Wells
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2019 11:32 AM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] USRA DOUBLE SHEATH BOXCAR DRAWINGS

Didn't Mainline Modeler did an extensive series on these boxcars in the late 1970's I seem to remember.

Fenton

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 2:25 PM Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

BILL PARDIE wrote:

Last week there was some discussion on the lack of drawings for the USRA double sheath box cars.  I was rather tied up so I hope that this comment is not too late

For anyone fortunate enough to have some of the old Train Shed Cyclopedias by Newton Greg there are drawings of both the single and double sheath cars in Volume

#3.  This series is a compelation of drawings from the Car Builders Cyclopedia and are much easier to handle than the CBC.

    But are these not the "original USRA design" drawings, rather than the cars as actually built?

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...

Publishers of books on railroad history

--

Fenton Wells