Re: Throwback Thursday: Westerfield

Jerry Michels

Like Ron,  I bought almost everything Westerfield because at that time I was seriously considering modeling the Missouri Pacific in the 1920s, so they were right down my alley.  It took awhile to get the feel of using the metal-filled polyurethane parts (kind of like building with glass).  I kept most of my models, some are run behind a back-dated MP 2-8-2 when I want the feel of a 1920s freight.  I got a real addiction to Heinz cars, and bought and built about 10 of them before selling them off.  I moved to the transition era, and then started buying and building Sunshine kits.

As to unbuilt kits, the only ones I have are MP stockcars.  I just don't want to spend the time doing all that sanding.

Jerry Michels