Re: Flat Black

Jeff

Al,

Have you checked out Joe Fugate's MRH Guide to Acrylic Painting? If you are a registered (free!) member of the MRH website (which also subscribes you to MRH Magazine) the book is a free download from https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/subscribers-only/painting/acrylics

There is a whole chapter on thinner formulas and his recommendations for ratios.

On Fri, Feb 1, 2019 at 1:57 PM al_westerfield <westerfieldalfred@...> wrote:

Quite  by coincidence, I purchased my first paint bottles today, flat black Model Master.  The hobby shop didn’t stock mrr colors.  I had to give away all my Floqui, the only product I ever used,  when we moved to Tucson.  The moving company wouldn’t carry it.  So I have a few questions.  Is the 2:1 ratio of paint to thinner as recommended on the bottle for air brushing accurate?  What solvent is best for cleaning the air brush?  Freight car content: I’m painting 6 undec Train Miniature hopper cars.  Thanks for any help. – Al Westerfield

--
Jeff Shultz
http://www.shultzinfosystems.com