Re: MORE ON NORTHERN PACIFIC STOCK CARS

mopacfirst

Richard, I'm looking at the kit now.  It builds a double deck S-40-6, which is a 36' car with wood roof so I suspect a lot of the parts are IM/RC, from the SP S-40-5 kit.  The roof and ends are, based on visual comparison to an SP S-40-5 that's on the layout, .  The instructions say 'from several different model manufacturers'.  The trucks are the Accurail "Bettendorf" with widely spaced springs, but a number of manufacturers use those.  The ends and letterboards are painted and lettered.  The sides and floors are unpainted, and definitely not from the IM kit.  The sides are not from the IM Santa Fe stock car models, and not from the Proto Mather model, both of which are 40' cars, again based on comparison with cars on my layout.  That's about all I can tell.

Ron Merrick