Re: Military loads.

Daniel A. Mitchell

Indeed Amtrak did end up with some of these. I’d forgotten seeing them in MofW service here in Michigan on Amtrak’s’own section of track (Kalamazoo, MI to Porter, IN, 110 mph).

Dan Mitchell

On Feb 4, 2019, at 2:23 AM, Charlie Vlk <cvlk@...> wrote:

All-
If I am not mistaken I saw a couple of the 1953 era cars in back of the AMTRAK ex PRR shop back in 2005 when I was there to take photos for a client.   I believe the car was lettered for AMTRAK and used to haul locomotive components between shops but I haven’t thought about the day for over a decade and could have some of the details wrong.
Charlie Vlk