Military loads.

Andy Carlson

It has been awhile now, but I was at the Western Pacific Railroad Museum at Portola, California shortly after the 2 donated 3 axle Army flat cars arrived. The museum was excited about having a flat car which, after rails were attached, could go around the country picking up museum applications. I believe this use was accomplished once when the news came that roller bearing conversion trucks could no longer be accepted in interchange. The last I saw of these flat cars was the 3 axle Buckeye pieces in a mill gon loaded with other scrap. Portola has a record of scrapping items after donation. The loss of a rust-free Alco RS3 cemented my quitting the group.
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA
_._,_._,_