Trix Stock Cars--was MORE ON NORTHERN PACIFIC STOCK CARS

StephenK

I also modified Trix hoppers and have a nice train of a dozen cars.   I have also rebuilt the underframes on a half dozen CA-3s, and a few boxcars.   I skipped the Speedwitch underbody (which I know is accurate -- http://speedwitchmedia.com/product/p105-union-pacific-welded-underframe-for-box-cars/ ) and went for the easier/cheaper but not quite accurate Accurail 40' underframe -- http://www.accurail.com/accurail/art/Details/106.jpg .   On the boxcar it fits with only a few swipes of a file, and the car and couplers ride at the correct height.   Assuming the stock car is using the same Trix underframe as the boxcar, this would be a good choice.   The Speedwitch part is correct for boxcars, but I doubt it is correct for the stock cars.

Steve Kay