Re: Company Service Boxcar

Todd Sullivan

I looked more closely at that boxcar, and it looks to me like it is off its trucks and on the ground.  The car is much lower than the loco, and if you look at the bottom of the siding between the wheels at the left edge of the photo and the pile of castings on the ground in front of the loco, it looks like there is about 3" of dark shadow.  That's not consistent with a car on its trucks.  What's visible through the door looks like pipes or other cylindrical objects.  The boxcar might simply be a storage shed for water and rotary supplies.

Todd Sullivan.