Re: Military loads.

devansprr

Richard,

Absolutely correct for US training exercises, and the TO&E is the right document to use. Many training facilities have a permanently deployed logistics element, so movement of those elements in peace time may not dominate military loads.

I am specifically referring to WWII production and exports towards the fronts (BTW, the numbers I cited do NOT include vehicles shipped to Russia, which were from separate vendors/production lines.)

Out of era, but the export side still applies to recent wars - HMMWV's, HEMTT's, MRAP's, and other trucks for SW Asia greatly outnumbered M-1 tanks and Bradley FV's, and in Iraq, within about two years of the initial invasion, few units deployed with their equipment - instead the fell in on "Theater provided equipment", and left their equipment at home.

Dave Evans