Re: Canopy Cement

Paul Doggett

Brian

I use Formula 560 canopy glue and have had excellent results with it. Try eBay for it.

Paul Doggett England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

On 6 Feb 2019, at 15:20, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361@...> wrote:

Several list members have extoled the vitures of canopy cement. I bought a bottle late last year at the local hobby shop. I’ve had abysmal luck with it so far using it to attach roofwalks to roofs. My application method has been to apply a tiny dollop to each roof saddle and the press the roofwalk down, and hold the roofwalk in place with light pressure while it dries.  Once dry the roofwalks then proceed to fall off the roof with the slightest touch. I also don’t like that the product dries very shiny but that is a minor annoyance.

The product I was sold was Testor’s Clear parts and window maker Amazon link to show the product. https://www.amazon.com/Testor-Model-Master-Cement-Window/dp/B0006NDZDU

So my question is the product the problem, or is it my application method?

Brian J. Carlson, P.E.

Cheektowaga NY