From: Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>
To: main <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Feb 6, 2019 1:45 am
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Military loads - "Roco" depressed center flat for foriegn service - photo

As a former librarian, I would be remiss if I didn't remind all of you that training, maintenance, and shipping manuals for military rail equipment were printed by the War Department and later the DOD. There are U.S. Government Depository Libraries in every state which hold these materials. The University of Virginia (where I worked) was one such library, and although not all the manuals were in their collection, there were still quite a few of interest. The War Department series would be of great use to some on this group. Also of value is the Army Corps of Engineers "Port Series" books, which have detailed information and maps of facilities (including railroads) at US shipping points, and have been updated regularly since series began in the 1930s.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff