Re: Throwback Tuesday: MDC "Old Timer" Freight Cars

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Claus,

I suppose it depends on your era, though it seems like kind of an odd-ball car. Obviously Clinchfield stock cars were around before 1919. The only complete ORER is have is for 1958, and there are no stock cars listed for the Clinchfield. That said, their 2000-series of pulpwood cars have a nominal 36' inside length, and might have been converted from the stock cars. When this could have happened, I don't know. The Clinchfield is not a line I know much about.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 2/7/19 9:25 AM, Claus Schlund &#92;(HGM&#92;) wrote:

Hi Garth and List Members,

Thanks Garth for the additional info. It seems that perhaps an accurate model of Clinchfield 2499 can be made starting with the MDC N scale model and making some modifications.

I will also add that the book "Stock Car Cyclopedia Volume 1" by Hundman has several pages with pictures of early stock cars that are close (but not exact) to both the HO and N MDC models - see link below to help identify the book:

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund