Re: First Shipment Of California Vegetables To Boston?

Fred Swanson

Perhaps coming into Boston since New York is a couple mile short of cross country:)  D'Arrigo still has a large presence in the Salinas Valley. I looked up one of their companies (Andyboy) for their history and found a Wikipedia.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%27Arrigo_Brothers  It says nothing about being the first vegetable shipment.  It does say They brought seeds from Italy and in eat year mentioned shipped broccoli.  I found interesting they helped with innovating refrigeration for cross-country vegetable travel.
Fred Swanson