Re: First Shipment Of California Vegetables To Boston?

Richard Bale <Rhbale@...>

Don...
John Signor prepared a map showing the location of Santa Fe icing stations between the west coast and Chicago. The map appears on page 166 of John White's The Great Yellow Fleet.
Richard Bale

In a message dated 2/7/2019 3:50:53 PM Pacific Standard Time, tony@... writes:

Don Valentine  wrote:

Thank you Tony & Mark. Given what you have both provided where were the earliest re-icing stations located and how close in proximity to one another were they given the average distance traveled by most trains, either passenger or freight, in those days?
    Sorry, that's not something I have researched for that early period. By the 1890s, Armour had created a network of icing stations, but before that, I don't know.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history