From: mopacfirst <ron.merrick@...>
To: main <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Feb 12, 2019 2:22 pm
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Throwback Tuesday: MDC 50 ft SS Automobile Boxcars

I didn't know that either.  The T&P converted some cars to single door, but they may have also gotten steel sides in place of the wood.  A number of T&P double door cars also got steel sides, and at least a couple of the MP cars.  I haven't figured out how to do that one yet.

I used a couple of these cars as a source for fishbelly boxcar underframes to go under the 86100 and 88300 series express cars (Walthers model, based on Life-Like / Proto) and the 88400 series which stayed as freight cars their whole life.  So I have a couple extra bodies to experiment with.

Ron Merrick