Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Flat car vertical brake wheel staff supports.
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Date: Friday, February 15, 2019, 4:18 PM

[Edited Message
Follows]
Okay

I realize I
wasn't too clear in my earlier frustrated post.

I found my own solution on a
Tichy 3003 K Brake Gear sprue,  There is a small brace for
a vertical brake staff and the casting for the brake staff
for the end beam of the car. Using these I finally (after
loosing 2 tries on the floor as they flew from my arthritic
old hands) found a workable solution for the GSC flat
53'6 car. Note this car now needs repainting and
lettering for some railroad that hasn't been identified.
It will be used for lumber traffic between Oregon/Washington
and the SF Bay Area,

This
is the sprue

And this is the final result, Not quite
centered as I shook when adding and did not realize it until
the glue (Tamiya clear with green cap) dried. The staff and
brake wheel were attached with Plasti-Zap.

Now the
next car is more challenging as I need to find the specific
brake gear for an SP F-70-6 flat car. I doubt Intermountain
has a sprue for sale as it has sold  or transferred their
SP flat car line to the SPH&TS who may have originally
funded it anyway.

Ken