Re: Bad Ladder Day

mopacfirst

One more reason I think this car, and I can't generalize beyond this single example, is an ex-Swift car, is that if you look closely at the ends, they appear to be one of those semi-dartnot designs where only one set of darts at the sides of the end is used.  Between every other major corrugation below the topmost one, the end is flat.  That's fairly well visible on the shot of this Milwaukee ice car, and is pretty clear on the similar broadside of the SRLX car I referenced above.  There could have been other meat reefers built this way, so this isn't a positive identification.

Ron Merrick