Re: Throwback Tuesday: Rail Road Progress Hopper Kits

mopacfirst

Wow, I don't even remember this company.  I was an active modeler then, and was actually in the country after having been on assignment.  What I do remember about that era, and a few years later, was that there was active competition between resin and brass as to which medium was going to be more successful in producing accurate freight car models.  Injection-molded plastic was still the domain of Athearn and MDC.

Of course, I was a Midwest modeler, so I might not have paid attention to coal hoppers......

Ron Merrick