Re: Signaling item

Larry Smith

Just got a message from showcase minatures.  They are in stock and are kept in stock.  Call them and they will ship asap.

Larry Smith

On Tuesday, February 19, 2019, 6:01:05 PM CST, Charles Tapper via Groups.Io <charlestapper@...> wrote:

Showcase Miniatures has pictures of that dwarf, formerly Century Foundry,  but I cannot ascertain if it is stock.

Charlie Tapper

On Feb 19, 2019, at 4:33 PM, Tony Thompson <tony@...> wrote:

Signals controlled movements of freight cars, right? My need is for a Century Foundry HO dwarf signal kit. If anyone has one they can spare, name your price and I’ll pay shipping.

Tony Thompson

On Feb 19, 2019, at 11:58 AM, Bill Welch <fgexbill@...> wrote:

I spent this morning—my 73rd Birthday—cutting into a perfectly fine model. Shortly after purchasing the Funaro & Camerlengo kit #8292 to model a Reading XAd autocar, I started looking for photos to support building the kit and found a photo at "Bob's" of RDG 18867. It interested me because the left door was a replacement 7-panel Superior door. As I built the kit a voice kept telling to build my model with that door but it was only when I was almost finished did I pull the trigger. As the first photo shows I drilled a series of holes inside the door frame and then used the drill as a router to completely cut the door free. Then I filed what was left up do the four sides of the door frame and then used the cut out area to begin getting a small slab of 0.040 sheet styrene to make a new door. Next step will be to sort out the location of the door ribs. I did mange to nick the frame in a few places with the drill bit I will repair these nicks with styrene. I have to admit I like personalizing or putting my own signature on the models I build.

Bill Welch
<New Reading Door I.JPG>
<New Reading Door II.JPG>
<New Reading Door III.JPG>