From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Dave Parker via Groups.Io <spottab@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2019 5:14 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Proctor & Gamble Tank Cars

The attached JPEG didn't have much resolution, so here is the link to the LDL:

http://louisianadigitallibrary.org/islandora/object/hnoc-clf%3A8480
louisianadigitallibrary.org
View of the steamship ""Max Albrecht"" docked at a wharf with railroad tank cars.

I little more detail is evident here, but it's still not easy to identify very many of the cars.  They all look to date to the late teens or early twenties, and are consistent with the PGX listings in my 1930 and 1935 ORERs.  The PGX listing is gone by 1940, and Ian Cranstones's database (http://www.nakina.net/other/report/reportp.html ) suggests that the reporting mark was briefly used by GATC before being phased out altogether.

Bill's data on the boat indeed narrows the window to the 1930s (aka the decade that almost nobody models).

Dave Parker
Riverside, CA