Re: freight cars being scrapped in 1947

tyesac@aol.com

Bill,

The two SFRD Rr-19's with flat plate steel ends were made with two steel sheets and joined with a single horizontal seam.  Also, those had AJAX hand brakes and the end reporting marks would be "SFRD" instead of  "AT&SF".   The twisted visible roof framing, the "Y" looking parts, imply this could be an older Fe- class car that hand been rebuilt.

Tom Casey
Bill Vaughn via Groups.Io (atsfmodlr@...)To:you (Bcc) + 1 more Details
Bill Vaughn via Groups.Io atsfmodlr@...Hide
To main main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Cc
Bcc
Slideshow
Tim I don't think so the 1947 picture shows a ladder where your picture shows grab irons.  Also I believe both Rr-19 with flat ends lasted more that 11 years from rebuilding.

Bill Vaughn

On Friday, February 22, 2019, 3:38:33 PM PST, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

an Rr-19 perhaps?

--