Re: Throwback Tuesday: MDC 50 ft SS Automobile Boxcars

Jeffrey White

Ken,

IC 163001-163050 built in 1926 by Pullman in Michigan City renumbered to 40100-40149 in 1942. According to the diagram sheet they had metal bottom door panels, universal handbrakes and metal lat. R.B. supports added then.  According to the 1960 IC equipment list 19 were still in service on 1 Jan 1960.

Unfortunately I don't have a photo. I can send you a copy of the diagram sheet.

Jeff White

Alma, IL

On 2/24/2019 3:40 PM, Ken Adams wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Tony

I realized that a while ago when I was looking for older 50' SP box cars in SP Freight Cars Volume 4 only to find them in Volume 3.

Still looking for a prototype for the wood door MDC SS 50 foot car.

ken