Re: Which is it?

Tim O'Connor

The name changed from General Steel Castings Corporation to General Steel Industries Corporation
between 1953 and 1961 but I don't know the exact date.

Originally called Commonwealth. Alco and Baldwin incorporated GSC in 1928 and acquired Commonwealth
in 1929. So from 1929 to 1961 (or thereabouts) it was called GSC.

Tim

On 2/26/2019 1:34 PM, Clark Propst wrote:
According to the magazine write up the company became GSI in 61 I believe? But, I think that was in the write up that called it General Steel Car...
Clark W Propst
--
*Tim O'Connor*
*Sterling, Massachusetts*