Re: Unknown Refrigerator at Steamtown

Garth Groff <sarahsan@...>

Tim,

No MDT book. My reefer madness has been mainly a West Coast affliction, mostly PFE. The only all-refrigerator car books I have are Tony's PFE book (naturally!) and John Henderson's CLASSIC FREIGHT CARS v. 3.

On 2/28/19 10:06 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:
Garth

It's definitely a DESPATCH built refrigerator car, but I don't know which MDT or possibly NRC series
it belonged to. I have photos of other MDT (and NRC) steel reefers but not this one. Back in the 1980's
and early 1990's Conrail had several MDT reefers painted this way, all used for company storage at the
east end of the huge Selkirk yard. I have photos of them but I've never scanned them. I wonder if that is
where this car came from.

 Do you have the MDT book?

Tim O'Connor

On 2/28/2019 7:06 AM, Garth Groff wrote:
Friends,

I recently scanned up my photos from a circa 2000 visit to Steamtown. Among them is this unmarked refrigerator car. It appears to be of MDT design. Can anybody help me with a positive ID, including (hopefully) a car number? I have been unable to find any references to this car on the Steamtown site or Wikipedia. I hate untidiness in my collection.

Thank you in advance.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

Attachments: