Help me design a new Grab Iron Bending Jig

Craig Bisgeier

Hey folks - I'm thinking about designing a tool for bending grab irons that can be 3D printed. I know that Micro-Mark has a tool for sale, and I could use that as a starting point. But I thought I would open this up to the braintrust and see if there are any thoughts on designing such a tool that doesn't necessarily follow that model.

What I'm looking for is something adjustable and repeatable that allows grabs to be sized to any length, or at least many lengths. It should have a feature that alows the user to set a particular size with a groove, stop or fence that the user can place the wire against and bend many grabs to the same size without guess work.

I have some ideas on this of my own but I'd like to see what others can come up with. If someone can help provide useful ideas that lead to a workable tool I'll gladly provide them with a finished copy of the tool when the project is completed.

Any ideas? Please share them with me!

Craig Bisgeier

cbisgeier -at- AmesvilleShops.com