Re: Help me design a new Grab Iron Bending Jig

Charlie Vlk

All-

If there were a way to provide for Ladder Rests in the forming tool that would be useful for locomotive and passenger cars.  Maybe one size for the rests would be okay as they were likely sized for a ladder which would be independent on the spacing of the grab mounting.

I don’t know if the L-shaped grabs on cabooses and house car roofs were standard size but that might be another style to consider in the tool.

If anyone is going to do one don’t forget N Scale…I think 0.08 would be a reasonable size wire….oversize but practical.  Any list members that have experience should chime in.

Other scale guys can also throw their hat in the ring…

Charlie Vlk