Years ago in my misspent youth I had a decal sheet that came in some kit (Hobbyline, IIRC) that included "Vote Democratic" and "Vote Republican", along with "Jesus Saves" and some other graffiti. I will wager that is what you saw.

Yours Aye,

Garth Groff

On 3/1/19 10:18 PM, Tony Thompson wrote:
Could that slogan have been a graffito?
Tony Thompson

On Mar 1, 2019, at 7:06 PM, charles slater <atsfcondr42@...> wrote:

They certainly did not letter any cars like that.
Charlie Slater

Sent from Outlook

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Brent Greer <studegator@...>
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2019 6:09 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Strange ATSF slogan on a boxcar

Ok, so I'm more tha willing to chalk this up to modeler's fancy, but I feel compelled to run it by the experts before I write it off entirely...

I recently saw an old Varney boxcar lettered for ATSF and in addition to the usual logos and slogans I've seen on such cars, this had a big diagonal "Vote Democratic" to the left of the door.

I find it hard to imagine, but did Santa Fe ever put such a thing on any real cars?

Thanks and I wish everyone a good weekend,
Brent

Dr. J. Brent Greer