From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brent Greer
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2019 8:10 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] Strange ATSF slogan on a boxcar

Ok, so I'm more tha willing to chalk this up to modeler's fancy, but I feel compelled to run it by the experts before I write it off entirely...

I recently saw an old Varney boxcar lettered for ATSF and in addition to the usual logos and slogans I've seen on such cars, this had a big diagonal "Vote Democratic" to the left of the door.

I find it hard to imagine, but did Santa Fe ever put such a thing on any real cars?

Thanks and I wish everyone a good weekend,
Brent

Dr. J. Brent Greer