Re: Weighing steam era freight cars

Guy Wilber

Brian,

At Google Books; a good history of scales and (then) specifications, diagrams and photos.

“Proceedings of the ... Annual Convention of the American Railway, Bridge and Building Association ...: Volume 23

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada

On Mar 3, 2019, at 6:43 AM, Brian Carlson via Groups.Io <prrk41361@...> wrote:

I need some assistance. I’m working on some scale tracks for the club layout. One of them will be a beam scale with scale rails and separate bypass rails for locos.

What I want to know is when did the single track load sell scales come into use. I was thinking about using one of those in the steel mill trackage. I just didn’t know when those came into service.

Brian J. Carlson