Re: UP 175288 in 1938 - emigrants

Tim O'Connor

Paul

I haven't got a clue what that could possibly mean, but I'm more curious about the document itself.
I've never seen a report like that. Was this a monthly report generated by a station agent? What would
be the purpose of such a report, since each shipment generated its own waybill, and presumably those
would all eventually be accounted for?

Tim O'

On 3/9/2019 9:31 AM, Paul Krueger wrote:

What kind of car was UP 175288 in 1938? I ran across some documentation (attached) that indicates this car was used to ship a carload of emigrants from Mitchell, SD to Enumclaw, WA in March 1938.

Thanks,

Paul

Paul Krueger
Seattle, WA