Re: UP 175288 in 1938 - emigrants

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor wrote:

I haven't got a clue what that could possibly mean, but I'm more curious about the document itself.
I've never seen a report like that. Was this a monthly report generated by a station agent? What would
be the purpose of such a report, since each shipment generated its own waybill, and presumably those
would all eventually be accounted for?

     The monthly station report was commonplace, Tim. Instruction books for station agents include them, and so does the _AAR Accounting Rules_ book.

(510) 540-6538; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history