Re: steam era freight car images, dating from 1900 to 1942

Bill Daniels <billinsf@...>

Interesting shots, Claus... one of the most interesting to me was the 7th (I think) shot down from the top which shows a small box on the ground alongside the car... it is a wooden 8x10 field camera folded up (similar to a Deardorff camera). The leather bags on top of it probably hold the film holders for the camera.

Bill Daniels 
San Anselmo, CA

On Sunday, March 10, 2019, 11:59:18 AM PDT, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

Morning All:

There are several photos in this post that I would like to copy or purchase for my own modeling efforts.  In particular they ae for the UP 50 door and a half car.  I had posted a question on this list concerning this car about a. month ago but had no luck.

Appreciate any help:

Billl Pardie
On Mar 10, 2019, at 3:56 AM, gary laakso <vasa0vasa@...> wrote:

Claus:

A great selection, thank you very much for sharing!  The CN stock car is exotic, see last picture, along with the Fox trucks shown under a UP stock car in picture #9.  I like the view of the horizontal floor support I-bar under the steel single sheathed UP 50 foot boxcar shown in pictures #7 and 8.

Gary Laakso
Northwest of Mike Brock

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claus Schlund \(HGM\)
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2019 6:08 AM
To: STMFC <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [RealSTMFC] steam era freight car images, dating from 1900 to 1942

Hi List Members,

Some might enjoy these steam era freight car images, dating from 1900 to 1942.

Enjoy!

Claus Schlund

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.