Re: steam era freight car images, dating from 1900 to 1942

Bill Daniels <billinsf@...>

Interesting shots, Claus... one of the most interesting to me was the 7th (I think) shot down from the top which shows a small box on the ground alongside the car... it is a wooden 8x10 field camera folded up (similar to a Deardorff camera). The leather bags on top of it probably hold the film holders for the camera.

Bill Daniels
San Anselmo, CA

On Sunday, March 10, 2019, 11:59:18 AM PDT, WILLIAM PARDIE <PARDIEW001@...> wrote:

Morning All:

There are several photos in this post that I would like to copy or purchase for my own modeling efforts.  In particular they ae for the UP 50 door and a half car.  I had posted a question on this list concerning this car about a. month ago but had no luck.

Appreciate any help:

Billl Pardie
On Mar 10, 2019, at 3:56 AM, gary laakso <vasa0vasa@...> wrote:

Claus:

A great selection, thank you very much for sharing!  The CN stock car is exotic, see last picture, along with the Fox trucks shown under a UP stock car in picture #9.  I like the view of the horizontal floor support I-bar under the steel single sheathed UP 50 foot boxcar shown in pictures #7 and 8.

Gary Laakso
Northwest of Mike Brock