Re: Throwback Tuesday: Varney Metal Freight Car Kits

Benjamin Hom

Bob Chapman wrote:
"This may border on blasphemy, but I recently had some fun upgrading this Varney steel boxcar "legacy model" with new running boards, ladders, grabs, stirrups, handbrake, etc. -- as well as some paint correction on the door. Best of all -- it even resembles the MoPac prototype (if you don't look too closely).

Those ads were very enticing in their day, and Varney's steel boxcars have good curb-appeal even today."

No blasphemy here...I sometimes sneak in a couple of Athearn metal boxcars into my meet displays.

Ben Hom