From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Chapman
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 12:22 PM
To: STMFC <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Throwback Tuesday: Varney Metal Freight Car Kits

Ben --

This may border on blasphemy, but I recently had some fun upgrading this Varney steel boxcar "legacy model" with new running boards, ladders, grabs, stirrups, handbrake, etc. -- as well as some paint correction on the door. Best of all -- it even resembles the MoPac prototype (if you don't look too closely).

Those ads were very enticing in their day, and Varney's steel boxcars have good curb-appeal even today.

Regards,

Bob Chapman

Varney freight car ad, January 1954 issue of Model Railroader.

Ben Hom