Re: NKP Consist

mark_landgraf

Skins might be beef Hides. It was relatively common to ship green (not tanned) beef hides that would be turned into leather.  They were usually shipped hand stacked in boxcars. It was a relatively common commodity in eastern NY and New England

Mark Landgraf
Albany NY

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 8:50 PM, William Hirt
<whirt@...> wrote:
I showed the consist doc to several people today. One repeated question
was the cars that showed SKINS as their contents. One suggestion was the
load was to be used as sausage casings and another suggestion was to
make pork rinds (assuming the load was pork skins). Both cars were going
to Stoneham MA on the B&M. Anyone have more insight into this?

Bill Hirt