Re: modeling a crane question

John Hagen <sprinthag@...>

Doug,

There may have been a discussion here about allowing cranes and such here as Jack references, but I don’t recall it.

That doesn’t mean a darn thing as I don’t recall what I had for breakfast…… or if I had breakfast.

But, as usual, I do have an opinion. Of course, if there has been a hard rule made against it, I stand very much corrected.

To my way of thinking, MOW equipment should be included here. Yes, they are not revenue producing freight cars, but they are carriers of freight necessary for to the railroad’s operation.

Nit-pickers beware; I can get my back up and raise cane (My hurricane that is) if I hear all about the used passenger cars in company service or how a caboose doesn’t haul freight. Well, in MOW service, many a caboose did haul freight and, back in the day, I’d dare you to show me a freight train that did not need a caboose on it.

Besides I love rr cranes. And that’s my two cents, which is likely more than it’s worth.

John Hagen

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Doug Forbes
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:06 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] modeling a crane question

I have a few questions as to modeling a railroad crane/wrecker but I wanted to first make sure that this topic is appropriate for this group as its now a freight car per se.  Would someone give me a thumbs up or thumbs down before I proceed with my questions?

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.