Re: modeling a crane question

Doug Forbes

Hey John,
Thanks for the information!!!  I googled that and came up with an article from Engineering News from 1913 that shows that the base is 13' 6" long and 9' 10" wide, with a 30' goose-neck boom.  That's not a very big crane.  Quite a unique thing to model.  I think ??? I've attached the article but I'm not sure.
Would appreciate any scratch building, kitbashing, etc ideas.  Awesome stuff.
This picture is from another old journal and shows the crane in action with some GB hopper/gondolas I've managed to 3D print.