Re: NKP Consist

Tim O'Connor

The Lackawanna had no interchanges with the L&HR, L&NE, NYS&W or NYO&W who could
have forwarded cars to the New Haven via Maybrook, or directly to the car ferries that could have
forwarded cars to the New Haven across the Hudson River?

On 3/13/2019 11:49 PM, Schuyler Larrabee via Groups.Io wrote:

Binghamton (where I grew up) is the furthest east that the DL&W could carry the cars before having to hand them over to “the competition,” the ERIE.  Binghamton is also where the interchange with the D&H was.  I think the train was probably, for the most part, going to run to Buffalo to be interchanged with the Lackawanna, which would then run the majority of this train (plus other freight they had collected in the Buffalo area) to Binghamton.

Schuyler

Sterling, Massachusetts